After our trip to Prague, here are the top five reasons I can see for visiting that amazing city:
- You like copious amounts of pork in all shapes and forms i.e. fillets, trotters, chops, necks and/or knees that have been roasted, stewed, fried, minced, skewered, marinated and often all on the same plate.
- You like beer, often served with the afore mentioned pork. The beers were my personal highlight of the trip. Did I mention the beer was really cheap?
- You like numerous styles of architecture. Cubism, Art Deco, Art Nouveau, Baroque, Neo Classic and modern are all represented. (Just for the record, I don’t know what any of those mean, but they were in the guide book!)
- You like classical music, opera, art museums and other cultural delights. I had my first taste of opera, attending a medley of Mozarts best bits. I survived largely unscathed but did fall asleep for one or two “songs”. Well, we’d been walking around all day.
- You like following people who hold up umbrellas and point at random things.
If you have ticked or “Czech’ed” one or all those boxes then I would strongly recommend a trip! (Do you see what I did there?)
Anyway, a more detailed update later. I have a mountain of work and my German Hausaufgaben (homework) for my class tonight. No rest for the wicked and all that bunkum.